Millions of people have reported to have a restless nights caused by back and neck pains. Since the average human being spend a lot of time (around one-third of their life) in bed, it is recommendable to invest in a pillow that will guarantee you a restful night. A chiropractic pillow (also called a cervical pillow) is a perfect choice; it is precisely made to facilitate comfort when you are lying on your back or sideways.
When to Buy a New Pillow
You need a new pillow (preferable a chiropractic pillow) when you start noticing that you are:
- Repeatedly waking up in the middle of the night to adjust your current pillow.
- Having a hard time sleeping comfortably with the pillow you already own.
- Feeling severe neck pain in the morning
- Taking a lot of time before you start getting comfortable with your pillow.
Understanding Cervical Pillows
Chiropractic pillows are manufactured with a lot of expertise to support your neck effectively as your head is resting on it. They are also made specially to encourage normal spine shape and functioning while you are sleeping. It will, therefore, be impossible to experience neck pain while using these pillows.
A cervical pillow has an indentation in its middle; its bottom, top, and sides are fluffier compared to the center. This makes it more comfortable when you are sleeping on your back (most of these pillows are designed for back sleeping; some, however, are designed for support when sleeping sideways). Visit a reputable Sunbury chiropractor and get more information on why you should invest in chiropractic pillows when you are suffering from arthritis, tension headache, and whiplash.
What the Pillows are Made of
Chiropractic pillows are created using memory foam; however, some brands are filled with water while others are inflatable. When being made, experts are keen on using materials that will facilitate better breathing while allowing the patient’s body temperature self-regulation. There are several types of the cervical pillows; some are lighter while others are made skillfully to facilitate comfort even when travelling.
Benefits of Chiropractic Pillows
The pillows have countless benefits; it is a great idea purchasing one;
- They offer unparalleled neck support – You may have a comfortable pillow which you like most; however, this might not be the most preferable for your neck and back. An average pillow allows your head to sink into it which restricts normal spine functioning; this is not the case for chiropractic pillows.
- They help in fighting headache – Using wrong pillows encourage poor spine positioning which increases the likelihood of having a severe headache.
- Encourages a healthy posture – Cervical pillow are known to encourage healthy posture which in turn enhances your overall health according to the study.
Do not let back and neck pain affect your normal lifestyle. Visit a seasoned Sunbury chiropractor and start your pain management and prevention plan through the use of chiropractic pillows. You will start experiencing pleasing results as soon as you switch to the modified and comfortable pillows.